1. I was waitressing, he came in all the time with his friends. Him and I became friendly, played jokes on each other, he flourished to be one of my favorite regular customers.
Then, there were a few weeks when he didn’t show up at all, and I has understood that I really missed him. I didn’t have any of his contact details. I told myself that if he ever came back in, I needed to take the chance and ask him out.
Next night he came in, I approximate we both had the same idea. He asked a question before I could. I wrote my number down on a piece of acknowledgment newspaper( which he still has ), we used to go the next darknes, and we’ve been together ever since. He’s the love of my life.
2. Way back in 1980, I was working in south FL. A guy I worked with was retiring soon and had bought a vacation compartment in north GA. He been demonstrated by a picture of the cabin and posing in front was a dark haired elegance who he identified as his daughter. I remarked she was very attractive.
Forward a few weeks and he tells me the daughter had just broken up with her lover, was in the dumps, and would like to know whether I just wanted to know her out.
We went on a blind date, get married 2 years later, and now have three grown children and planning where to go for our 37 th anniversary.
3. We were at a business networking event where relevant rules was that you were not allowed to buy sucks for yourself, whatever you bought you had to gave it into someone else’s mitt as an opener to conference. So this gorgeous brunette trod up to me, employed a gin-and-tonic in my hands, and inserted herself.
4. I realise him in the convenience store, and I thought he was handsome. I approached him in frozen food as he was looking at a 5 lb. bag of chicken nuggets. I asked if he was married, and when he said no, I asked if he would like to take me out some time. He gave the crate of chicken pieces on his head like he was about to pass out and we both tittered. We are married with 4 year old-time twin sons now. 🙂 10/10 would recommend approaching a handsome stranger in the supermarket.
5. Soccer game. I was watching my best good” girl friend” at the time play. Game discontinues and I go down to the field to congratulate her. Asked her where the other team was from, and I never heard of the place, so I said fucking it, went over to the cutest girl on the other team, gave her my number, and here I am 4.3 year later with a girl I hope to marry. Having a duet of projectiles and saying fuck it can either pay off tremendously or back fire horribly.
6. I am a Match.com commercial for the bride. I had sent her a meaning after her accounting expired. She replaced her chronicle, got my message, and 10 years later we are married with 3 girls and a dog.
7. We were both character musicians at Disney. We danced down the street together and couldn’t even appreciate each other’s actual torsoes at all, but the sweaty banter afterwards did it.
8. Online dating. Moved half-way across the country to be with her. I always missed a nerdy-gamer girl for a girlfriend and I got my wish.
Totally worth the move.
Cannot emphasize how fantastic online dating is to introverts, formerly you get over the ludicrous quantity of abandonment, and accept that patience is your friend, and lastly, learn to be honest and introduced effort into your messages/ profile.
9. OkCupid. After wafting through about 2 years of bullshit, neglected years, haunting, etc I messaged this girl. At that object I was desensitized; why bother putting try into your first letter when 95% of girlfriends don’t reply?
I hit her with some certainly mawkish dad joke and she did reply and chortled. We got to talking, eventually agreed to meet up for a beer.
We concurred going in that we’d start with merely a brew and set everything out on the table. If either of us wanted to cancel the time we would , no hard feelings. A beer be converted into two, turned into dinner. That turned into a second date, then a third. The first time turned into a second, then a third.
Now we’re engaged and simply booked a marry venue.
10. That bitch t-boned me. She said she’d let me take her to dinner if we didn’t get the insurance involved. Having typed that out, I now insure I went fucked the working day on so many levels.
11. Worked together. I was supposed to have a party for all people at the number of jobs. My heat went out that day so I had to cancel. She didn’t get the message and presented up. Asked her if she wanted to take some hits of of Jack Daniel’s and get “warm”. Twelve years later still taking films and getting “warm” on a regular basis!
12. No idea where I got the nerve but she was sitting on a covering alone watching a group of us doing medieval combat reenactments. Didn’t get a good look at her before I plopped down beside her and said hi. She turned and smiled and I immediately reckoned,” Oh hell. She is way out of my league .” Turns out I went her on the backlash roughly 32 years ago. Still out of my league.
13. I was at a birthday party for a friend. He was my best friend of my friend’s boyfriend. We hit it off right away.
14. We were both in a mental institution. We’ve been together almost 13 years. I was there for depression and anxiety, he was there to avoid a homeless shelter. I know it sounds crazy, but it kinda working out for us. We’ve gotten in a much better financial situation.
15. We met at a friend’s Halloween party- I have always been a huge Harry Potter fan, and of course, he was garmented as Harry Potter. The residue is history!
16. We all meet up at the residence of a mutual friend to go to a festival together. I arrived first and was told to open the door when she knocked. She saw me and said “You’re not! ” We drunkenly hooked up at the working party later that night and are now merrily married with children.
17. I was sitting in the parking lot at a service station. He parked his truck on the angle where you aren’t supposed to park. I yelled at him. We got married.
18. College! We had a few grades together and he hindered look at this place me from afar. I travelled up to him one day and said hi, he fell the bagel he was eating and I knew he had it bad for me. That was almost 9 years ago and we’ve been married for nearly 5 years. He’s the best thing to ever happen to me…
19. Reddit, actually! We were both actively involved a dating sub( a sub about a date app , not a sub specific for dating) which objective up creating a fitness challenge( the general idea began as, improve yourself so you can be a better partner and find someone !) We were placed in the same fitness group and certainly hit it off. 3.5 years later, we’re planning our wedding.
20. On the set. He was on his road back from receiving a purchaser, I was on my style back from working at a transaction carnival. Neither of us felt especially like talking but somehow we didn’t stop talking formerly we started off. We exchanged counts and saved messaging/ talking back and forth and started dating not quite a month later. That momentous improve go was 4 years ago. We’ve been joyou with each other( and uncharacteristically chatty around each other) ever since and got married last year.
21. First day of grad school, she was sitting behind me and I was typing on my iPad. She been demonstrated by that if I took two digits and slithered them apart over the keyboard the keyboard would alter and I could use my thumbs easier to kind. We are now blithely married and typing on my iPad is much easier.
22. In the act burst chamber. He was putting a Totinos party pizza in the microwave( poverty-stricken college kid) and I was like, “Those don’t go in a microwave.” Married virtually 12 years now, I’m still bossy but his prepare abilities have improved.
23. I had a coworker who specified me up on a blind date with his sister in statute. It was a bbq at his house. When I got there, I saw this gorgeous woman with an ass so superb it drew tears to my attentions. And speaking of gazes, hers were supernatural. So brilliant and when she smiles, her entire face lit up. Unfortunately this was his wife. Her sister was nice but not for me. I was just thinking about the guys wife almost every day. But I never played on my feelings. A couple of years later, he got divorced and she called me. She had been thinking about me, more. We dated for to three months and got married.
18 years later, still going strong. And dat ass … mmm mmmm mmm.
24. She was the first person to get in my cab the first day I started driving taxis. We’re still married 25 years later.
25. We both labor fraction occasion at Macy’s while attending school. Unbeknownst to each other, we both had a rule of not dating anyone that we worked with. I casually know each other since she was a flyer and wreaked different departments, but I would experience her every once in a while working the department that was on the way to the punch in/ out clock. One epoch, while participating the supermarket for toil, she was leaving and she tells me tomorrow is her last day. I asked to provide her multitude and we’ve been together ever since. That was back in 1985.
26. She worked at the cookie accumulation in the plaza, and I toiled at a bayonet supermarket nearby. I would close my store for hours on end to hang out with her.
27. She was a personal buyer at Macy’s. My mom, examining out for her son, told this really cute girl she was helping find a jacket for to” “ve been looking for” my son on facebook.’
Well, she did, and 6 years later( 2016) we got married, and my mommy died 6 weeks after our marry. She was so proud of what she did. As we sit here expecting our first progeny, I bid she was here every day. She would be so proud. I miss her so much.
28. Ok Cupid. First time I tried online dating, and I was the LAST person he tried meeting on online dating. I didn’t made a envision up, and he took a chance regardless. Married with a kid and a dwelling 7 years later
29. We met at work and casually dated for a few cases weeks before I got really sick. I was hospitalized for a while and it was very traumatic. He insisted on abiding by my side throughout the whole ordeal, and “we il be” merrily married 10 years later.
30. A few weeks after a really rough breakup my friends decided to take me out to cheer me up. I converged my current SO at the bar that night and we hit it off. I ended up taking him home that night thinking maybe I exactly needed rebound sex( I had never taken a guy residence from the bar prior to this ). He terminated up texting me early the following morning and we’ve been inseparable ever since. He’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
31. I was unemployed and had a job interview in the city( NYC) and was a few mins early for my interrogation so I to halt a Starbucks to get a cup of coffee( I know Starbucks is terrible but I required a cold brew) while on text I noticed her but didn’t do anything because I was focused on this interview. Anyways she had an issue with her order and turned around and inadvertently bumped spilled her coffee all over me, she defended and offered to pay for my dehydrate scavenging and we exchanged amounts and talked texting and pointed up dating. Ended up didn’t going to that interview but terminated up going a better errand so is not simply did I get the girl I too got a job.
32. I’m a commercial airline pilot and she’s a flight attendant. We gratified working together years ago when I was first to begin as a co-pilot.
I’m planning on retiring early in a few years, she quit her job about 5 years ago to stay home and take care of our kids.
We own a bed and breakfast out in northern California my wife moves while I’m away, and I’m looking forward to retirement so I can spend more time with her and the minors and helping her range the place.
33. I was experiencing a cigarette on the smoking deck( designated smoking country) when a girl came out, sat down and said, “God dammit, fuck this.” I told her to watch her opening. She said, “Fuck you motherfucker, I can say whatever the fuck I want to say.” We have been married for 10 years last-place February.
34. My church choir( college freshmen congregation) had seven women in it. I was the only man. After our first performance in a service, a girl came up and asked a question who I was, and praised me on being brave enough to sing in front of everyone.
A few weeks later she’s conducting a mid-week worship thing, and asks if I could sing something solo. I tell her yes, but I need an accompanist. She says she plays piano. I already imagined she was cute, but when she started playing at our run-through, I was so breath-taken I missed my entrance.
It took me a while to request her out, but 4 years later, we’re blithely married.
35. We met on Neopets as children and became best friends. Times afterward we recognized we were both into girlfriends so it worked out perfectly and we’re engaged.
36. Staring at her tits to drive a pervert away.
So we were in stage gang in high school. There was a health split of 40+ girls and 4-5 people including me. There was a lot of flirting, and well … Precisely naughty behaviour all around. Usually boundaries were well respected and everyone had a good time building organizes and props.
My friend, the perv in this story, is annoying this girlfriend and I can see her suffering. I walk over and ask what he’s doing and she replies 😛 TAGEND
” He’s staring at my tits and he’s not allowed to !”
To which I answered,” Am I allowed to ?”
She said yes and I proceeded to enjoy the slew of her massive tits for a few seconds until I realize him in peripheral walk away pissed off. Afterwards, I apologize for his behavior and go back to work. She started talking to me more and eventually we located ourselves in a relationship now going on seven years this July!
37. The day I converged my husband in a college playing class. Our first class ice breaker was to walk around, and every time the professor said stop we had to stare into the eyes of the person or persons closest to us.
We did this for 5 rounds. Guess who I had to stare at all five times?
We somehow went partnered up for our final act vistum despite not picking each other. We practised for a few weeks and got to know each other and started going on dates after that. By the time we finished the class we were all over each other.
38. The scene: a shitty three narration live with a sink floor supported by a stopgap mainstay in the cellar. Every surface is sticky.
I’m in the back, taking a break from my friends in the midst of a small party. I adoration them profoundly but too truly craved everyone to just sort of disappear for a little while. You know, how you frequently feel on a Friday night that feels exactly like the last two dozen Friday nights.
I needed someone to complain to about how much I disliked everyone else at the party at that moment. Saw a cute redhead I vaguely remembered from one class and was drunk enough to launch into a little rant without much of an preamble. Turns out she need to ranting too.
39. First class on my first day in college, I see this beautiful girl waiting outside my class for the prof to unlock the door, and recognise I have to be with her.
We started dating after a few weeks, and are married now.
Love at first sight.
40. We met at work! We got hired 6 months apart to design bridges and neither of us had ever designed a connection before, although we had all the needed suitabilities to reach our boss believe we were capable of learning this.( In other statements, we were both fresh out of engineering grad school and had a strong background in analysis .)
Our tables were side by side, and we liked one another immediately. Our dynamic was very much” place partner/ agency bride “. It abode like that for two years. He was very good at designing bridges, as it turned out, and moved up rapidly. I was only ok at designing bridges, and was not moving up, so I took a undertaking in a different department( thankfully, I have moved up well here ), and after I left, we recognized we missed each other, and started dating.
We live together now, and couldn’t be happier.( He still designs connections .)
41. College my sophomore year. I was on the men’s lacrosse team and she was on the women’s lacrosse team. It was the first week of school( I merely transposed from another college) and I was sitting with a few people at lunch. She trod in and I expected your best friend who she was and they let me know. I said ” I’m going to end up marrying that girlfriend .” She had a BF of 5 years( later found out that he was a dick) at the time and some guy that obviously liked her said ” good luck trying to get that …” She eventually sat down at the same table as me and we chitchatted. Apparently one of the other girls on her squad tell her know what I said about marrying her later that day. I received a text a few hours later from a random amount and it was her. That’s where it all started. We were very good friends for a while and she eventually discontinued things with her bf and we started dating a few months later. We have been together for 6 years and we are getting married next year.
42. She sat down next to me on the first day of grad school. We both were into Neil Gaiman and Modern Poetry. I make her acquire the first few commerces of The Sandman .
After that we started hanging out more, I depicted her around the city( she was from out of town ). Bought her a learn pass with $20 on it, but I was slow-going to make a move. If it wasn’t for her roommate saying,” Dude, guys don’t buy learn passes for you if they don’t like you ,” we might not be together.
Been together 7 years.
43. She was my waitress when I was out with some friends. I left my numeral( first and merely period ever) she called and 19 years later we are still together.
44. I was really into Scott Pilgrim vs The World when it came out in theaters when I was in high school. Bought all the graphic tales, looked it 4 experiences in theaters, bought the soundtracks, and bought the video game when it came out. I was obsessed.
After categorizes ceased and as I would move to the bus, I noticed on occasion this daughter going down the passageways wearing a Scott Pilgrim shirt. I had to meet this girlfriend!
Well the day came during a field trip to Gettysburg and there she was wearing the shirt. I got so nervous, had to work up the fortitude, and she was also with a friend who is best friend’s with my previous girlfriend. Oh boy this was going to be tough.
Ended up not being too bad. I requested her the obvious question if she was a Scott Pilgrim fan and we hit it off from there amazingly. Even more a co-occurrence, when we got to the bus, all I is ready to do was talk to her more about Scott Pilgrim and we didn’t because she sat next to her friend but she was a seat behind me, this entire field trip. It was destiny.
Anyways we’re close to eight years strong together and “ve been watching” Scott Pilgrim once a year.
45. We met online on this really cringey anime-themed roleplay website and have been together for 4 years and married now. We try to forget about the locate but some times we reminisce and grovel together.
46. His mothers bought the house next to my grandparents house when his mommy was pregnant with him and I was two. I are of the view that I matched him when he came home from the hospital? It’s not something I recollect, he’s just always been a part of my life.
There was a period of time where we hadn’t seen each other for over eight years, and one night I was Facebook stalking a second cousin of mine and my age-old childhood friend’s mom popped up! Through her I received him, reached out, and within three months we were dating. Next month we commemorate our third marry anniversary.
47. We were in the same class for a programme designed for people on welfare.
Soon after the confrontations intent, I detected a chore in the city. I is proposed that she apply since we were still hiring, and she got hired too! Not soon after that, I facilitated her out by letting her know my house had a room open to rent( 1 residence 5 bedrooms, I was a tenant ), and she moved here. I wasn’t seeking any kind of relationship with her.
One day I listen her giggling while watching Youtube and it was the most beautiful and genuine laugh. I believe we myself “fuck”. A pair weeks later we were watching and we started retentions hands and cuddling.
We’re getting married next year
48. Technically we shared a hospital room at birth. Both our mummies were stuck together. My mom is his aunt’s most special friend( 20+ years ). The meeting we recollect came later. About 6 years old. I told him he was ” super duper handsome” and leaned in to kiss him because I’d seen it on a establish. He kicked me in the vagina and ran away.
The boy terminated up chasing me for years. We eventually started dating at 18 and now 10 years and 2 beautiful boys later, we are still going strong!
49. In a whirlpool bath. I was about 14 and her best friend was dating my best friend. I placed my limb around her and said ” do you come here often ?” Knowing it was an extremely cheesy pickup pipeline. Now, about 16 year later, I still use that boundary on her when she’s in the lavatory, in bunked, in the kitchen…
50. I was very drunk at a house party in college and was acquiring my channel to the bathroom to go throw up when I identify a girl who just lost a sucking recreation, and had to chug a bowl of a cluster of various types of boozes. She was like she really didn’t want to, and I figured since I was going to go throw up anyway, I might as well do it.
Read more: thoughtcatalog.com